Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
Partner - Europe
The Warsaw School of Economics (Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie, SGH) was founded in 1906 as the first public university of economics and management in Poland.
Facts and Figures
- 15,000 students at the Bachelor’s, Master’s and Ph.D. levels
- nearly 900 Faculty members
- over 200 partner universities worldwide
- library with a million volumes
- ranked among the best Central and Eastern European management programs by Financial Times
ranked among the best Polish schools of economics and business in all surveys on higher education in Poland
SGH seeks to impart a European dimension to its academic activity by combining over one hundred years of tradition with engagement in the contemporary world and the pursuit of future challenges. In its educational endeavors, the School seeks to provide students with the latest knowledge, solid working skills and a sense of responsibility to society. In its research activities, the School is guided by respect for the truth and usefulness to society. The school conducts its educational and research activities in the field of economics and managerial sciences by drawing on achievements in other social sciences. Graduates of SGH are equipped with the latest general and specialized knowledge to make a significant contribution to economic, social and political life in Poland and abroad. Together with the academic and administrative staff, students and representatives of the many worlds connected to the school create the image of SGH, promote its achievements and realize its mission.
In a world where forces of internationalisation and globalisation are becoming increasingly important, SGH, with its long tradition of openness to the exchange of knowledge and rich educational and research experience with abroad, is increasingly focusing on enhancing its international character. The School is intensively developing international cooperation based on multilateral agreements and traditional bilateral contracts with foreign universities and education institutions. SGH academic staff participates in numerous international conferences and contributes to over a hundred research projects conducted in cooperation with international institutions. SGH is also a member of CEMS and PIM, internationally recognized as brand marks of excellence in the fields of business administration and management, educating the future business leaders. Annually, the School hosts around 300 exchange students from more than 40 countries, who enrich their knowledge through the wide course offer, learn about Poland and enjoy one of the most rewarding experiences in their academic life. Warsaw School of Economics in 2012 was awarded of Erazm Prize for high level of mobility of students taking part in Erasmus Programme.
Selected international programmes operating at SGH include:
- CEMS Master in International Management
- LLP Erasmus
- SGH – NOVA de Lisboa Double Diploma Programme
- SGH – University of Cologne Double Diploma Programme
- SGH – European University Viadrina Double Diploma Programme
- SGH – Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz Double Diploma Programme
- SGH – Duisburg – Essen University Double Diploma Programme
- Erasmus Mundus - European Master in Law and Economics
- Summer University Warsaw
- Council on International Education Exchange
- Canadian Executive Master of Business Administration (CEMBA)
Finance & Accounting taught at the Warsaw School of Economics (SGH) was named one of 28 best study courses in Poland by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education. The Ministry selected the best programs for special pro-quality financing.
Useful documents and information:
- Practical information for Incoming mobility
- General academic offer
- Academic offer in English (slight changes may occur depending on the academic year)
- Student services
- Support services
- Additional information on programme entry requirements
- General Resourse Site, International Student Handbook, SGH flyer in English,