Objectives and expected results
Education is a key area in national development strategies and a priority for most countries jointly with sustainable development, gender equality policies and action plans. Main challenge for Higher Education Institutions (HEI) is to broaden consciousness and understanding leading to a focused knowledge base to enhance services, research, innovation and technology at institutional and national levels.
The willingness of creating synergies and mutual support is fundamental to stronger impetus to innovation, combining resources to cope with emerging issues and attaining common results.
OMS project will support co-operation, mutual cross-fertilization including cultural integration, capacity building and know how exchange between institutions of higher education in a perspective of mutual interest, trying to contribute to the achievement of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), the target date fast approaching, through;
- increased attention, awareness and responsibility.
- definition and dissemination of guidelines and policies with a view of promoting know-how dissemination and technology transfer.
- improved resources and knowledge in the areas of sustainable development, natural resources exploitation, technology transfer and business regulation and administration.
- thematic conferences on specific issues and research findings.
- the valorization of long lasting links between the project participants and the establishment of the OMS Alumni association.
- the launch with the partners’ organizations and local industrial partners of a virtual technological incubator (VTI) that will represent the true "One More Step" of the project.
The partners revised curricula including the Erasmus Mundus study and research abroad, will bring new perspectives and opportunities in existing academic and professional profiles.